Brand Identity Essentials
Our book is available in six languages and is in its second edition.
Creating Brand Standards
Brand Program Starters
Brand standards should define the rules, but with enough latitude for experimentation. Here are a few starting places for application rules.
- Scale: How large or small is the mark relative to the overall size of a sign, etc.?
- Position: What is the mark’s position relative to other elements? How close can it be to the edge of a business card? How must it align with other things?
- Color: Is the mark always the same color on the same background color?
- Proximity: What other typographic or visual elements accompany the mark?
- Number: How many marks appear on the side of a building? Forty or one?